Saturday 3 May 2014

Filled Under: , , , ,

Shake That Pom Pom!

Hello you, I hope you're good!

Well then, as a lot of you may know some pretty big things have been happening!
I am proud to announce that I have my own single titled "Pom Pom" out!


Here is the music video:



It is available to buy online worldwide on almost every digital music store, including iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Google Play, Nokia, Xbox and many more! Just search Kelsey Ellison Pom Pom.
iTunes link


So, now you know why I've been up and down to London like a yoyo for the past year and a bit! I've been working on this and other songs for over a year now, and it's been so hard to not share this with you guys. I'm so excited to finally share it with you!

I was quite nervous about finally revealing this and it still doesn't feel real. But the response that I've gotten so far has been incredibly supportive and I'm pretty overwhelmed, so thank you so soooo much!

The video was so much fun to make, we only had a day to shoot it, so it was a lot of hard work and was pretty tiring, but it was one of the best days ever! I had my mind set on having a pizza express after the shoot no matter what, so we walked a pretty long way after in the rain to have pizza, but it was worth it!

(I stole this picture from Abi and I'm not sat on a lower chair, I really am a hobbit.)

Then I proceeded to make a beautiful importance of angles vine






 I was so happy that I could include some Youtubers and people I knew for my first video.
The youtubers included in order of appearance are:

It was so different from me filming by myself in my house. There were other people doing the lighting, filming, hair, make-up, styling, editing and much more and I am just so happy that I had an amazing team that did everything I had ever wanted to do in a video and more!
The Pom Pom Music Video team included:

Director: Sophia Ray
Producer: Matt Frost
DOP: Michael Holyk
Art Director: Nick Akass
Editor: Ed Enyat
Illustration: Alex Jagodinski
Post and Animation: Rob Sledgenhorst
Executive Producer: Simon Jackson
Choreographer: Alex Kordek
Dancers: Freya Thomas and Grace St Hill
Fashion: Nickque Patterson
Make-Up and Hair Designer: Natasha Lawes

In fact, I'm a little nervous about putting a new video or cover up now because it will never be as good quality!
Don't worry, there will still be videos though!

There was a lot of inspiration drawn up for the video. The song is basically about losing your mind and going a bit crazy, and the lyrics are describing what's going on up there. So obviously, the video had to be crazy! I love cartoons and the 90's kind of style and it really matched the lyrics in the song, so we decided to add that vibe into it. We also still wanted to stay true to my own style in my videos but on a bigger scale, which of course included Japanese fashion and Harajuku style. I've been into these styles since I first saw Gwen Stefani so it was really fun and interesting to use that as inspiration and add my own influences to it!

Of course Gwenny Gwen Gwen was a huge inspiration for the song, especially the girly, cheerleader style chanting parts in the chorus, which was inspired by her song "Hollaback Girl". Also the rap in the middle section was partly inspired by Yolandi Visser.

Of course, as you guys probably know, I'm a huge fan of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and the colorfulness of her videos was an inspiration in this, and so were the colourful twin tails. But she was not the sole inspiration. The fact that the title is similar to "Pon Pon Pon" really is a coincidence, and was more inspired by the Cheerleaders in Gwen's video.
The best description of my song, look and video so far has to be "Britney Spears on acid". Who is also one of my inspirations!
In fact, if you look at my Tumblr, you'll see all of my inspirations, it's practically my mood board.

The song was written by Maya Von Doll (although I put across a lot of ideas to make the song my own).
And it was produced by Ben Berry.

There were soooo many photos taken that day! I bought an instax mini polaroid camera and Sachie kind of took the role as the polaroid photographer.


Here's a teaser of a few polaroids, but I'll be posting all of them on my facebook page later on today. 


Getting a beard made of hundreds and millions



The set looked like a modern piece of art by the end of the day.


A lot of inspiring art was created that day.


I really was happy to be there!!


Looking suave Sachie!
There was a scene that we didn't have time to shoot with Sachie and Tom (Sparkles) hosting a TV show.

Yey!


We tried.


This was Abi and Beckii's set, we had to shrink them to make them fit on the set.


Poooooofy skirt!


We used a really cool hotel with 70's inspired room for Sachie's scenes!


Alex the Choreographer!


This picture is so cute!


More pictures??



All photos below are by Simon Jackson:



Dancing woo!


The green screen set


With the amazing dancers Freya and Grace!


Singing


Over-reacting way too much over an imaginary bird

\

Yes!


Me and Sachie!

I'll be posting even more on my social networks:


Again, a huge huge huuuuuge thank you to everyone who was involved in everything! It's everything I ever wanted and much more, and I'm just so happy and proud with the outcome!
And of course thank you to each and every person that has supported me now and has ever supported me, because I'm being serious when I say that this single would not have even existed without your support!
THANK YOUUU! <3 <3 <3

My life is now Pom Poms



See you around!

Kelsey <3








1 comments :