Sunday 12 January 2014

Filled Under: , , , , , ,

Dancer Of The Week! ~Week 2


Hello you, I hope you're good!

Well it's time for

Wohoo!

If you don't know what it is, this blog post tells you all the details, the rules and last weeks previous winners.

Before we start, I would just like to say thank you so sooo much to everyone who entered or nominated someone. There were so many entries! Which made my decision incredibly hard! I'm not even kidding!
I'd also like to say, you JPop dancers....wow! Sometimes, it's quite hard to impress "dancers" with a Jpop cover because the moves are generally more simpler than Kpop dances, but this week, so many Jpop dancers killed it. There are loads that I couldn't fit in to mention, and when I say that every single entry was top notch (including Kpop covers too!), I am saying it with my full honesty!
If you are not mentioned in this week's entry, please, please don't be downhearted because every entry was amazing, and it was so much fun watching every single one of you! And please enter next week, because some of you were stupidly close to being mentioned...it was just such a hard decision!

Anyway, let's get on to this week's winners!

The JPop winner is:



This is such a professional cover. Her movements and technique are brilliant! I loved how she came out of nowhere at the beginning. Also, her personality and smile shone through the whole dance! It was a fully enjoyable cover to watch!
Please go and congratulate her and support her!


The KPop winner is:

TheKawaiiKimchi

This is an incredible cover! He starts off with such fluidity and then when he starts tutting, I was seriously just watching in awe. That must have taken a lot of effort and time to practice and was really impressive! Again, I enjoyed watching this cover so much!
Please go and congratulate him he really deserves it!

Oh also, just adding...it took me a good few minutes trying to decide if the background is real or not haha.

The Special Mentions:

These could have easily been winners too, so if you're in here...maybe enter next week!

Karochu

KYoMicA27

ThisIsTomemon

XSymphonicNightmareX

NikkiHatsune

And that's it for this week!
But seriously
Please some of you enter next week<3
Also, here's a reminder of the rules and how to enter for next week!

Ways to Enter
~You can either nominate yourself or a friend!

~Comment on the latest Dancer Of The Week blog post
~Write the nomination on my Facebook like page wall here:
(NOT as a personal message or a comment on one of my posts)
Or if you would like your nomination to not be as public you can
~Send an email to kimonotime@googlemail.com with the subject "Dancer Of The Week Nomination"
You also have the option of letting me know that if you nominated someone else, whether or not you would like the person you nominated to know that you nominated them if they end up on the blog post.

I won't accept entries through personal messages on my facebook like page, my personal facebook pages, twitter, youtube, tumblr, askfm, instagram or any other social media I've missed; simply because there is a high chance I will miss them.
Rules:
~ It has to be a Kpop/Jpop dance
~You can only enter or nominate the same person once a week, so you can still nominate as many people as you like.
~You can enter again after the week is up if you're not a winner, that includes special mentions!

More rules will probably be added because people are cheeky monkeys haha.

The winners and special mentions will be announced every Sunday.

Thank you so much for entering, and I'm really excited for next week!

Kelsey <33











P.S


SHERLOCK















6 comments :

  1. Yay I see a lot of familiar dancers here! ^________^

    Anyway on to my nomination for this week! (I'm glad I can do this every week, there are just SO many dancers I want to get recognized!)

    Lacus78: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lXWvZficP0
    An amazing dancer yup. She's going to appear here at some point. xD This is my favorite video of hers. It's so pretty~! And shows of her talent as well!

    Shub&Tomemon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32FmA7o94y8
    I love this couple and I love this dance and I love this video. Talented and pretty dancers both of them!

    Sugar☆Beat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMUAoMEZkd4
    Haha sorry I'm nominating a lot of same people. But they didn't get a special mention yet so... I'm trying again with a different video!

    That's it~! And thank you for organizing this competition. It's so much fun~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm so happy Dancer Of The Week is back! :D
    I couldn't enter last week but I've decided to give it a try this week!~~

    So, I nominate myself with this video, which is my latest one!~~
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbRTwGLaKjs

    And I also want to nominate Tomemon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll0P3ag-GNw)
    She's an adorable dancer and the locations she chooses are always sooo pretty! ;w; ♡

    I can't wait to see the results next week, all the dancers you choose are always sooo talented!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, is that NorCal as the J-Pop winner? I always knew that NorCal had a great J-Pop dance scene since the J-Pop Summit Festival is based there in San Francisco - but man that's really high level stuff coming out of there.

    Man, us in SoCal are still playing catch-up, lol.

    Just curious - is there a date limit on how far back you can nominate a video? Because if there isn't, maybe I should be nominating some videos from a few months back that don't get enough love...

    I'll be back to nominate later in the week - have a bunch of dance videos to edit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOAHHH Hi I'm friskie and thank you so much!! (and thank you whoever nominated me haha I have no clue) This is seriously a great way to find cool jpop/kpop dancers, thank you for taking Dancer of the Week back up again~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I guess for this week I'll nominate two of my favorite videos:

    For J-Pop - Jyuke - Mr. Wonderboy
    http://youtu.be/oIGb0n1UE5Y

    For K-Pop - KABAKABA - One Shot
    http://youtu.be/xifDV3DGEJ4

    @Friskie - You were awesome in your video! Definitely hope to get up to NorCal for a con like Fanime or J-Pop Summit one day and meet you and all the dancers up there. The only one who I've met so far is AoiKatori - and that was while she was at AX last year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm So I'm gonna nominate myself here with this..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahptL4VhMMg

    I also want to nominate:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXoLAguqwPo

    ReplyDelete